Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd. (GLE) provided EPCM services for the installation of a new Cryogenic Flare System at Pembina’s Younger gas plant located in Taylor, British Columbia.
GLE was previously retained for an evaluation of the flare system and it was determined that the height of the existing flare stack was not adequate, and the minimum allowable temperature for the carbon steel would be exceeded in the event of a blowdown. GLE recommended that a new flare system was to be installed. Project scope included the installation of:
- New Cryogenic Flare Header designed for 168 MMSCF/d
- New 215’ Flare Stack designed for 168 MMSCF/d
- New 11’ I.D. x 44’ Stainless Steel Flare Knock-Out Drum (FKOD), 5 hp 11 m³/hr FKOD Pump, and Two (2) 200 kW Electric Immersion Heaters
- Changes to Blowdown Devices, Tail-pipes and Sub-headers
- Flare Meter, Gauges, Temperature & Pressure Transmitters, Valves, etc